Street Atlas of Western MA

Monson, Massachusetts


The first important road laid out in the town was in 1738, and was a continuation of one laid out in Brimfield in 1737. It crossed south over Grout's Hill, and continued down into Stafford, Conn. In the same year a road was laid out from Grout's Hill to the centre of the town, connecting with the one last mentioned. In 1732 a road was laid from Cedar Swamp, in the south part of Monson, to South Pond, in Wales. In 1739 a direct road was laid out from the centre of Monson to the old road running to Springfield, which traversed the northeastern section of the town.

These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2006, all rights reserved
Copying these pages without written permission for the purpose of republishing
in print or electronic format is strictly forbidden
This page was last updated on 13 Feb 2006