CHIRST CHURCH TOWER FUNDS
THE JAMES A. BALDWIN LEGACY
By the will of James A. Baldwin who for the twenty years preceding his death on Marcy 27, 1894 had been a Vestryman and Warden of Christ Church there was left to the Church "the sum of $10,000.00 to be used expressly to build a tower to the present Church Edifice." The bequest was received in November 1897 and since then the annual interest has been added to the principal; the fund now amounts to nearly $31,700.00 with at present (1926) and income of about $1450.00. Of the fund $24,000.00 is invested in Liberty Load 4.25% bonds and the balance is on deposit in the Institution for Savings.
AN ANONYMOUS GIFT
In 1909 the gift of a $1000.00 Chattanooga Gas bond was received by Dr. Slattery, then rector of the Church, as an anonymous gift with the stipulation that it "be used as part of fund for erection of the bell tower on Christ Church, the interest on same to be used for any general Church purposes but preferably for the bell tower." The interest has been regularly added to the principal which now amounts to over $2200.00 with at present (1926) and income of about $100.00. Of the fund $100.00 is represented by a Chattanooga Gas bond and the balance is on deposit in the Institution for Savings.
THE MRS. ADELINE C. JONES LEGACY
By the will of Adeline C. Jones (widow of William Jones, an employee of the U. S. Armory and to whose memory a window was placed by her in 1899 in Christ Church Parish House) a legacy of $2,000.00 was left to Christ Church "to be